Wednesday 8 August 2012

Hobbling in Brooklyn

The first day of this trip was marvy, as we went to the Whitney Museum to see the  retrospective of Yayoi Kusama and then to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see 'Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations'. Kusama's work was phenomenal and as an artist she was so ahead of her time. The second show was such an interesting concept that I forgave it for not being very well planned out ie. the way it was set out, but it's always fun to drool over vintage couture and Prada, so I was a happy bunny.





After being cultural n shizzle, my Mother and I took our traditional shopping trip to Reformation. Me oh my, it was all so pretty and Miley-esque (okay, don't be hatin', I used to despise her but c'mon, she is a goddess now she is past her cowboy boots and Hannah Montana days). It was a successful trip and as always, pictures will be up soon. There was also a little trip to American Apparel, which is just as over priced and average as always, but I still bought some pieces, including bright turquoise... wait for it... disco shorts. Please don't kill me, but it is my mission to make them 'werk'. Yes, I may fail miserably, but at least I don't wear them with Jeffrey Campbells and a bedazzled bralet (like the rest of North London girls) but imma stop ma self b4 i get 2 nasti!!!!! ;-) 


Report back tomorrow with more tales from New York!

e x

No comments:

Post a Comment