Saturday 27 July 2013

THIS is the end

Yesterday was the final day of my month long Photography course at Parsons. It has been 4 weeks, living with teenagers, meeting new people and learning life lessons, as well as the occasional photography ones (oh Kevin, you were a wonderful teacher). Alas, all great things must come to an end. I checked out of my dorm, and into the beautiful Wythe Hotel in Williamsburg, insert flashback from last summer...

My entire month in New York has been one of the most vital in my development as some one in the real world, and coming from a 16 year old girl, that probably sounds super over dramatic, but it really is the truth. Handling my own money, (attempting the whole) budgeting (thang), living with different people, taking out the trash, cleaning, all pretty basic things that have really shown me how sheltered I probably am. There were disputes, there were laughs, there was drama, but honestly, I think there were more hysterical laughing fits in this past month than any other month in my (almost) 17 years of living. Forever grateful for the opportunities I was given these past weeks and it is confirmed that my heaart is set on finishing my last 2 years of school in London, then coming to New York and living it up big time. Parsons is most definitely the school for me, and I will work as hard as I can to achieve this dream.

Now all of my theatrical hoping and dreaming is over, let me give you a low down on my plan for my last days in the States. Tonight, I am seeing 2 of my best friends from the course, and they are coming to stay with me at the Wythe, and 1 of them is in fact my room mate. Living with her for just the month was not enough, and we have already planned our wedding and honeymoon. (Fuji, Honolulu, Berlin. No joking around here, son) Sunday will take my parents and me on a road trip to Montauk for an evening and a day. We have never been before, and of course I have to go if Rufus Wainwright wrote a song with 'Montauk' as the title. It's just a rule. (Room service? Cigarettes and chocolate milk. Thanks.)



Rufus, you absolute gem.

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I have really taken an interest in the movie making side of digital photography, and I am psyched to pursue this, starting with a video I will work on of my trip to Montauk. Tuesday is my day of returning home to London. It will be insanely upsetting, but I will be back soon, NYC. Soon.


Before I go, I want to post a few of the videos from my classmates. There were more that I was obsessed with, but these are just some of their videos (with a few photographs). I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do!





Photographs above by Martina







Photographs above also by Mary Michael






 Photographs above by Margaux

e x

No comments:

Post a Comment