Thursday 27 June 2013

The Met

Day one is going swell, just wanted to update and talk about my trip to the Met today. First of all, I saw the Punk exhibition after much anticipation. Honestly, it was a pretty sanitised depiction of what Punk really stands for, but I thoroughly enjoyed ogling all the designer outfits based on their ideas of Punk fashion.




After crying over the perfection that was the Burberry studded leather jacket (pictured above), we briefly looked at one of the Modern photography exhibitions, which inspired me to look at more of the photography of the artists online, so here are some of the favourites -

Sally Mann






William Eggleston





Nan Goldin






Carrie Mae Weems





That's all from me for now, I shall try and post tomorrow. So far we have planned to take a trip to Brooklyn, find me some vintage dungarees, visit some friends and go to the Nitehawk cinema to see... THE BLING RING. I AM SO EXCITED.

e x

No comments:

Post a Comment