Tuesday 4 October 2011

15th Birthday

My birthday celebrations started on Saturday when I made a birthday cake for the sleepover I had with some friends that evening. We got up to all sorts of shenanigans. By the way, it was a rainbow cake. Enough said. (It was the bomb diggity).
*Insert obligatory photos of each slice, just to show it was actually just like the photos on the recipe website*




Yes, I am now a self proclaimed baking genius.

My birthday was on Monday and this was when it got serious. Fo' real. Now, some people are very patient and wait until they return from school to open their presents, but me? Couldn't have gotten down stairs to open them sooner! Obviously, I did that 'birthday must' where you open all the cards from your relatives first and pretend to read the card after the money falls out (I joke, I joke... kind of...) but then I got to the big guns. The presents from the parents. The first one I delicately unwrapped *cough, tore into, cough* was a Lulu Guinness clutch! Seriously, guys. You do not even know how long I have been eyeing these, hinting at my Mum to buy one so I can share it with her, staring at them as we walk past them in Selfridges, looking like a hungry dog. Finally, my hunger was satiated. The second present was another item I have been dreaming of. In those dreams, I am Audrey Hepburn, or any other sophisticated woman of the 1950s, sashaying in the streets of New York or Paris, oozing with charm and charisma, wearing some phenomenally fabulous full skirt (above the ankles, mind you) from the haute couture houses, and cat eye sunglasses. Conclusion - I am chic itself. This present was a Marie Mercié leopard print 'cat hat'. It sparked my imagination and I have decided to channel my inner Audrey Hepburn this A/W and become her protégé. This means hair in a bun, pearls, cuffed skinny jeans with penny loafers and pumps, big jumpers with leggings and, of course, the iconic black dress. Luckily, I already have my Miu Miu dress from my last birthday, so that with my new Marie Mercié hat I am all set. Okay, enough jibber jabber, here are some photos!




J'adore.

Then, Monday evening, I went to see 'The Playboy of the Western World' at the Old Vic Theatre with my parents. Honestly, I only wanted to see it because Robert Sheehan was in it, but I really enjoyed it! It's a fantastic play and I would definitely recommend it. I wore my new Lulu Guinness clutch, which is a given, with my new dress that my Mum's friend made, that I will be modeling soon (along with the rest of the collection, which is incredible), and my Louboutin trainers. After the play, we went home, I got into my PJs, and the 'rents and I had a Hummingbird Bakery cupcake each, just to make the day even better. You think that is where the awesomeness ends? Think again. My Mum ordered mine to have 'hey doll!' written on it in purple icing. Now that is how you know you' re a Kardashian lover.




All in all, my 15th birthday was sublime. Now, let's start planning my 16th...

e x

No comments:

Post a Comment